Two Decades in Web Technologies
We opened our doors in January of 1999 as NetMediaOne with a mission of designing and developing websites. A few weeks ago we celebrated the completion of twenty years in business. Like most businesses, we’ve faced an array of challenges over the years. But we’ve remained successful due to excellent clients, a variety of challenging projects, and a talented design and development team. We wouldn’t be anything without those three crucial components. We’re eternally appreciative that they continue to come together in just the right way.
After twelve years in business, we decided to rebrand the company from NetMediaOne to Able Engine. Our desire was to move away from the appearance of a media company to a more technically-centered firm with an emphasis on our web site and application production capabilities.
Some Important Milestones
- 1999 – Founded NetMediaOne, LLC and moved into a small office on Custer Drive
- 2002 – Began work on Authorworks (an in-browser CMS we eventually sold)
- 2003 – The Authorworks trademark was approved by the US Patent & Trademark Office
- 2005 – Produced our first website for a hospital (Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, IN)
- 2010 – Moved to an office suite on Duval Street
- 2011 – Rebranded as Able Engine
- 2012 – After doubling in size, moved our office to a large space on Main Street in downtown Lexington
- 2017 – Moved our office to its current location on West Vine Street in downtown Lexington
We want to thank all of the clients we’ve had over the years for selecting us for your projects. Also, we want to thank all the talented team members who have graced our office. Their skills and good natures have been crucial to our ongoing efforts. All of you know who you are, and your support of this company’s efforts are appreciated.