Able Engine 20th Anniversary: Two Decades in Web Technologies
We opened our doors in January of 1999 as NetMediaOne with a mission of producing websites. Now we’re celebrating twenty years in business. Like most companies, we’ve faced a lot of challenges over the years. But we’ve stayed successful due to great clients, completing tough projects, and a very talented team. Hence, we wouldn’t be anything without those three crucial components. We’re grateful that they continue to come together in just the right way. Naturally, the Able Engine 20th anniversary would never have happened without them.
NetMediaOne Rebrands as Able Engine
After twelve years in business, we decided to rebrand the company, so we changed from NetMediaOne to Able Engine. We wanted to move away from looking like a media company to a more technical firm with a focus on our web and application production capabilities.
Some Important Milestones
- 1999 – Founded NetMediaOne, LLC and moved into a small office on Custer Drive
- 2002 – Began work on Authorworks (a CMS we eventually sold)
- 2003 – The Authorworks trademark was approved by the US Patent & Trademark Office
- 2005 – Produced our first website for a hospital (Riley Hospital for Children)
- 2010 – Moved to an office suite on Duval Street
- 2011 – Changed our name to Able Engine
- 2012 – Doubled our size and moved to a large office on Main Street in downtown Lexington
- 2017 – Moved into a West Vine Street office in downtown Lexington
- 2019 – We celebrate the Able Engine 20th anniversary
- 2019 – Went 100% remote with no physical office (team members spread across Kentucky, Indiana and Florida)
We want to thank all of the clients we’ve had over the years for selecting us for your projects. Also, we want to thank all the talented team members who have graced our office. Their skills and good natures have been crucial to our ongoing efforts. All of you know who you are, and your support of this company’s efforts are appreciated.
Get in Touch
Contact us any time with questions or concerns.